HOW THEY’RE MADE
Every step is closely monitored to ensure the highest quality, potent, contaminant free medicinal mushrooms. By utilizing both the high enzyme mycelium and the mushroom fruiting bodies this unique product contains the entire life cycle of the mushrooms and all it’s nutrients, enzymes, vitamins and medicinal benefits.
- Non-GMO, Gluten free organic substrate allows for 100% utilization: To increase enzymes and potency all mushrooms are grown on a gluten free, non-GMO organic oat substrate with the hulls intact. This unique process allows for the mycelium to utilize and engulf all of the organic oat substrate.
- Oats VS’ Brown rice? The cellulose and lignin in the oat hulls give the mushrooms increased endurance to produce more enzymes to consume all of the organic oat substrate resulting in added enzymes and a better balanced, diversified and medicinal product. Brown rice substrates (which are NOT Gluten free) are sticky and the mycelium has trouble consuming the dense sticky material, which is why many mushroom supplements contain “myceliated brown rice” with Gluten.
- Proprietary growing process known as Solid State Fermentation allows for the full capture of 2,000 – 4,000 enzymes, bioactive and medicinal compounds that make these mushrooms unique in their medicinal properties.
HARVESTING AND PROCESSING
- Harvested at maximum potency: The mushrooms are closely monitored to ensure maximum potency upon harvesting. Each mushroom has its own specific color in the fruit body state that denotes when the enzymes and bioactive compounds are at maximum potency and ready for harvest.
- Enzyme Protection: The mushroom’s enzymes and bioactive compounds are NOT washed away in bioreactor tanks. The mushrooms are slowly dehydrated at low temperatures to protect all their wonderful enzymes, bioactive compounds and medicinal properties. Low temperature is important because enzymes start to degrade at 120°F.
- Double Vitamin D: While dehydrating they are exposed to ultraviolet light, which doubles the vitamin D potency. (Did you know that mushrooms are the only vegan source of vitamin D on the planet?)
- Independent Testing: Each batch is tested by an independent lab to ensure there is no gluten, toxins, micro contaminants, heavy metals or harmful bacteria.
USDA CERTIFIED ORGANIC, cGMP AND FDA LICENSED FACILITY
- Grown, harvested, processed and packaged with the strictest of standards at an USDA Certified Organic, cGMP, FDA inspected and licensed US facility. Nothing is outsourced to ensure the purest, highest quality mushrooms that are free of contaminants, radiation, heavy metals and pesticides. The facility is a clean room equipped with a High Efficiency Particulate Air (HEPA) air filtration system.